Thursday, February 11, 2010

the black hole





















✻ perhaps in the stress or excited anticipation of going home, my whole day yesterday was a catastrophe.
coyote ugly night was planned at the bar and an hour before work, i couldn't find my jean-shorts, which was absolutely the only thing i had to wear for my coyote costume. i spent an hour ransacking my wardrobe, then jerry's, then all my housemates, in search of those damned shorts and got so angry at not finding them that i was screaming, cursing, slamming doors and punching walls the whole time.

jerry still didn't help me look, so i emptied his closet on the floor then accused him of throwing the shorts out, knowing he never liked them. this caused such a huge argument that by the time i even started work i was already exhausted from screaming. then i slipped and fell on my arse at work, smashing a tray of glasses and hitting my back and knee really hard.
as a small consolation, the coyote night was lots of fun, once i finally revved up, and pia lent me some of her jean-shorts ;o)

i got home from work at 3am, packed my suitcase and at 4am, jerry drove me to the airport. half way there i realised i'd lost my new camera. since it was jerry's birthday present to me, he was a little peeved, especially after i just lost the beloved furry hat that was his christmas present to me, the week before... :o(

there seems to be some kind of black hole that's been following me around lately, gobbling up my personal possessions when i'm not looking. as well as the hat, the camera and the jean-shorts, in the last few weeks a heap of other things have mysteriously disappeared. i began to wonder if i have one of those disorders that makes you constantly lose things, but jerry believes it's just share-housing. not that housemates steal things, (with the exception of the jean-shorts ;o)), just that things get all mixed up and tucked away and lost with so many people and all their shit in one house.

im sitting here in stockholm airport, with my flight delayed, and i'm so tired that i'm hallucinating, but alert enough to watch over my handbag like a hawk, that nothing else slips out of it and into the fiendish black hole.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I know the feeling. When i lost my wallet in bali. Oska was the one that copt it. It was our only fight the whole trip. But it was a doozy. I blamed him because he was talking to me when it went missing. Which is obviously enough reason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...