Sunday, March 14, 2010

bridezilla















I am not a bridezilla!! (indignant face)... I'm just very excited, very far in advance. Jerry only called me that because he didn't like my idea of Marie Antoinette inspired bridal party attire. I don't mean I want his groomsmen to wear silver wigs and powder their faces white, I just like the pastel colour theme with big flowers, feathers and fans.
It's so much fun all this creative design and event organisation! Now I understand how girls get so obsessed with it. A huge special party that you'll only have (hopefully) once in your life, celebrating the most beautiful thing (love), where you get to dress up and be the centre of attention around all the people you care about most in the world. Of course we love it!
I'm enjoying every detail; table settings, guest list, hair styling, invitations, photography...the hours I've spent just browsing wedding dresses on the Internet! On her bridal website, Vera Wang asks me 'which type of bride are you; the traditionalist, the modernist, the sensualist, the minimalist, the exhibitionist....?' Hmmm.. Which shall I be?!.... 'You're a bridezilla' jerry assures me.
Oh, party planning is fabulous fun! Maybe I could become a professional wedding planner...? or maybe I shouldn't get too ahead of myself. It hasn't come crunch time yet!
If only I had a female housemate to throw my ideas at. Discussing bridesmaids colours with Jerry is like flogging a dead horse.
Can a bride do a mini tastefully?...Shoes or no shoes for a beach wedding? To give him some credit, Jerry did offer an opinion about my dress. When I suggested that I'd like some colour in my dress, he stated that 'his bride will be wearing white'. He also insists that a priest marries us but I insist I don't want any religious rubbish in my vows. And then there's still the tense issue of the surname change....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Anna... I understand you completely!!! poor us! the same thing over here... but he doesn't know what color is my dress or what type of dress it is, it is all a surprise... (evil smile)I got most things, but this is very stressful, I think i had looked at every single dress there is lol

    I don't want a veil!!! but he wants me to were one :(

    I guess we all become bridezilla's so who cares! :)

    Luv,

    Piti ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey piti!! ;o)
    oh, lets throw our wedding ideas at each other then, since we're both in the same situation! so joe doesnt know what your dress looks like? that must've been hard to keep secret! i cant wait to see it!!! i don't think ill do a veil either. maybe a fascinator instead... i think veils can be pretty though. donna looked really pretty in hers. i really wish i could come to your costa rican wedding... :o(
    besos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ jerry. i'm so over boys and their madhouse assumptions at the moment....

    Communication is KEY to everything, so long as it's effective....

    EVERYTHING is a matter of balance, combined (as you well know ;) anna!) with the confidence to pull it off.

    so how did you rate your 'wang' self? was it a survey, or just a question?? as if you can't be traditional, modern, sensual, minimalistic and
    exhibitionist all at the same time!! vera has NO idea about you...

    go with your intuition, anna. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly sam! i think i will be a little of each! vera meant well but in the end im gonna blur all her categories...
    and i totally agree about communication. it's the absolute most important thing in a relationship! sometimes its hard (im the master of the silent treatment for example!) but as long as youre both trying.. good luck babe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...