Wednesday, July 7, 2010

bikram



















































❉ traveling through london on the night bus late one night after work, i glimpsed a dress in a window at selfridges, and though it flashed past me within the space of a second, i was sure that it was my dream wedding dress.
after several days of obsessing over it, i dragged jerry across town yesterday to check it out... to my dismay, it wasn't white or even ivory, (the night window illumination must have deceived me) or even for sale!! the shop assistant informed me that it was a julien macdonald haute couture piece, and only a sample for the window display! :o( ...a sign in another window advertised a vera wang bridal preview collection on this weekend!!....:o) chances of dragging jerry to that..? zero.

ive been inspired lately to get back onto bikram yoga, (the type you do in a 40 degree heated room). i used to do it in melbourne many years ago with two of my girlfriends and we loved it! you stretch every muscle in your body, while pouring with sweat (which is like a detox) and you come out feeling so invigorated! after a few months of doing it, i became so flexible i could do the splits and so agile i felt like a wild animal. it's also really good for concentration, and emotional balance and pretty much everything else...

so i checked out the internet and discovered there's a bikram studio quite close to where we live... and that they do teacher training courses.... according to the website, there's a lot of money in it, and great travelling opportunities, since bikram teachers are sought after everywhere in the world. i would love to be good enough to teach yoga!! ...so that's my new aim.
i went to the studio and joined a class. and it was marvelous!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that the yoga instructor is good money ;)
    You should try it!! It'll be fun!
    Checking dresses must be so much fun. If I live in London, I'll go dress shopping with you!! Hahaha.
    I want to go back to the yoga studio again, but yoga studios in Tokyo are so expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, here its expensive too! but so worth it!
    you should get back into yoga!! ..can't you teach it somewhere in tokyp and get a discount?! :o)
    wish you were here to come dress shopping!!!
    miss you atsuko-chan xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did bikram yoga for a whole year before I moved to Rohrmoser and it was the best thing ever!

    I think you should learn to do it, as I told you before there is money in that! ;)

    Luv!

    Piti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...