Monday, August 16, 2010

little black dresses & alpha males















❋ although i love bartending at work, what i really wanted to do was VIP cocktail waitressing. those girls rake in the cash and it's a much more social and glamorous job. for starters they don't have to wear the unflattering boys uniform that i'm stuck in behind the bar..
so, on friday night my boss asked me if i wanted to do VIP waitressing. i, of course jumped at the chance, pulled out my littlest black dress and planned to hit that VIP room like a hurricane, up-sell to the shithouse and make such a good impression that i'd get the job permanently....... hmmm... the black dress turned lots of heads but i got stuck with the staff party who of course didn't want to drink anything if it wasn't free and definitely didn't want to tip. plus the girls treated me like i was crashing their party, even though i was giving them (free) VIP service.. i was so disappointed at my chance to make a 'good impression' ...

i'd also pinned my hopes on the family around the corner who i had my first nanny interview with. but they didn't call back... i started to get really insecure. what didn't they like about me? normally i'm really good in interviews. oh what's going on this week?! how i'd love to see myself through someone else's eyes... wouldn't it be interesting to know what other people really thought of you? people like jerry don't care at all and that's what makes him such a cool person. he's really take-it-or-leave-it with his personality...whereas i'm always battling with self-improvement.

i had an interview with a nanny agency today and they lined up a list of families who suit me... on the list was a Mrs La Fage De Fontenay. 'i would like that one please'. with a name like that, they're either eccentrics or aristocracy and bound to be fun either way... by some ridiculous coincidence, holly, a family friend of mine also living in london, had the next appointment after me at the agency (neither of us knew the other was becoming a nanny), called me later and told me that the bosses were saying nice things about me... 'oh yeah, like what?' ;o)

worlds has decided to leave in 10 days so we're crunching through the housemate interviews. there's been some ridiculous ones and some really nice ones but we're being super picky and hanging out that little bit longer just in case 'the perfect housemates come along... 'basically we want people exactly like you and me, don't we?!' i said to jerry. 'no!... i have to be the alpha male in the house so i definitely don't want someone like me', was his reply. oh my god....

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...