Friday, August 13, 2010

small world









































* i was in the elevator on my way up to work and the guy standing across from me looked strangely familiar. he was a photographer at the event we were hosting: 'britain's next top-model' and after watching him for a while, wondering where the hell i knew him from, it hit me...

the first time i ever went to thailand, eight years ago with my girlfriend sarah, we met these two english guys, ollie and joe, and spent the next two weeks with them on koh samui and koh phangan, partying on the beach, doing magic mushroom pulp fiction karaoke shows, mountain trecks and snorkelling trips, truth and dare by beach bonfire... we had so much fun that sarah cried when we left them to go home. she actually had a huge crush on ollie but was too shy to act on it (i later had to assure a jealous jerry that there was nothing romantic in my friendship with them). we lost contact after thailand and never heard from them again..
as i was setting up the bar it dawned on me who the photographer was... 'excuse me, is your name ollie?" ...'yes! i recognised you in the lift! what are you doing in london? i thought i'd never see you girls again!"
....shit, its been 8 years! i was so happy to see him! what a small world! i told him about sarah's crush and he slapped himself in the face and told me he knew and that not doing anything about it has been the biggest regret of his life... he liked her too!! i couldn't wait to tell sarah! although of course theres no point now, it was a long time ago and she's now happily in love with a handsome prince charming... but good for some closure all the same.

i got another nice surprise today when my friend pia posted a blog about our wedding save-the-date fridge magnets, which are being sent out sporadically, as we collect addresses.. they look so good, if i do say so myself. so annoying that i got the website wrong on it!! for anyone who's interested, its annaandjerry.webstarts.com

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,
    Saw your blog through Pias and started reading it and saw that you were in london!
    How long have you been there for ?
    Im Swedish (like your boyfriend) and I live in Brighton -UK.
    If you feel a bit lonely- send me an e-mail or something and I can show you around Brighton!
    larsson.my@hotmail.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mija! oh youre so sweet! we're coming to brighton next week!!! one of our friends from sweden is coming to visit and we thought we'd take him to visit brighton, tuesday or wednesday maybe... if youre free i'd love you to meet up with us and show us around! i'll add you on facebook! x puss puss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...