Thursday, September 2, 2010

the lotus eaters































lotus eater: 1. From Greek Mythology; One of a people described in the Odyssey who lived in a drugged, indolent state from feeding on the lotus. 2. A lazy person devoted to pleasure and luxury.

what fun it was, being a lotus eater today. i arrived at the grand and impressive debenham house, a huge mansion with marble mosaic domed ceilings, manicured maze gardens, full of ornate antique furniture, gramophones, telescopes and marble statues, indoor ferns and impressive paintings.. i dodged past the film crew, the assistants and directors and assistants of directors and people i supposed were cast and searched around for kaye, who recruited me through gumtree for the 'film extra' job... kaye, (the 3rd assistant director) was a gorgeous young creature with beautiful long hair, high cheek bones, the funkiest outfit ever and a charming husky voice who made me instantly sick with envy: the coolest job and gorgeous... :o(
later she told me she was studying politics and philosophy at university and couldnt wait to finish this wretched filming so she could go back to uni... i told her i would kill for her job.

all the extras were told to jump straight into their bikinis and head to the lavish indoor pool... i'd brought my favourite victoria's secret bikini, along with matching accessories of course... the other girls were directed into the pool and i was directed on to the floating lilo... a special role because three lines of the script were about me!! ... the main character, a cocky womanizing party-boy crosses the pool to greet a newly arrived friend, spins my lilo around while perving at me, says 'she's hot' to his friend who responds 'i kissed her last week, she's crazy!'.... meanwhile i just lay there floating, sipping a pool-water martini and looking as cool and indifferent as possible.

the scene had to be re-shot about 20 times and each time the guy got a bit more cocky with me, until in one of the final takes he even kissed me on the mouth!!!
he apologised for shocking me afterwards with the excuse that he thought it was 'quite fitting to the scene'... hmmm...

over the delicious cooked lunch i chatted with the other extras and got some contacts... i also decided that somehow, someway, i will find a way into a job like kaye's...

2 comments:

  1. Anna everything sounds amazing!!! I wish I could be in your shoes just for a day! I was picturing every single thing as I read the words... It made me feel like I scape to your world just for a little bit :)

    Caro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i wish you guys were here! i miss you!
    i met up with nanna and poppa today and they were asking about you and saying they cant wait to meet you and that you sound lovely. any news on the visa? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...