Saturday, January 8, 2011

movie week

IMG_0951

DSC02049

me and dan

❅ this week's been movie week.. i forced jerry to watch the amazing (and disturbing) 'black swan'....
i absolutely love natalie portman, more for each movie she makes! i decided that in my hypothetical world, if there was ever a movie made about me i'd like natalie portman to play me.

then my girlfriend igne and i went to see 'burlesque' in leicester square on thursday, with cocktails before and afterwards of course. we knew it would be corny and were mainly interested in the dances and burlesque costumes, since a while ago we'd both decided to start burlesque classes. i'm starting the course at 'burlesque baby' next month bot unfortunately igne cant join me because of work :o( ....

i'd originally become interested in burlesque because of the movie set i was working on (miss mia meows) where i met annette , who's a big name in the london burlesque scene and who teaches at burlesque baby. she was so amazing looking in her feathery corsetted costume and coifed red hair, she looked like she'd stepped straight out of the 1950's. even in her regular clothes she was a picture of vintage elegance. she was also a lovely girl and entertained us with hilarious stories including one about a one-night-stand she'd had with a cute photographer guy and the next morning when she woke up, she saw his bedroom in daylight and his walls were covered in framed photographs of her, taken from the internet!!!  he'd been obsessed with her and had finally managed to track her down and seduce her! she got out of there really quick!

i told her a story from when i was in high school, and we had an older friend who had his own flat where we used to all hang out and party. one day i found a match box on his coffee table, opened it up and inside was a ball of rolled up blonde hair. i asked the friend 'what the hell is this?' and he admitted to me that it was my hair... that every time id borrowed his hairbrush he'd scraped my hair out of it and kept it in that box! being all of 17 years old i was flattered rather than freaked out and thought it was pretty cool to have someone obsessed with me.

last night i met up with my good old friend dan, who's normally too busy for me, but made time to meet me to celebrate his birthday. (only joking dan!! i know you've been busy and i have been too)... we saw '127 hours' and then spent the rest of the night in a cosy pub with open fire, drinking pints while catching up on months of gossip and reminiscing good times in japan.. we promised each other that this year we'll make more effort at catching up.

have a nice weekend everyone!
love, love
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Ana
    It´s Renata from Silver Sea! I always check on ur blog! It´s pretty cool!I also watched Black Swam and was amazed and disturbed! Wishing u a fabulous 2011! beijos

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year renata!!! so nice to hear from you.. glad you like my blog.. i was looking through your facebook pics recently and saw that you and jasmin are engaged!! congratulations!!! big hugs and kisses xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...