Wednesday, October 27, 2010

juliet

black balloon

❀ ive decided to sell juliet, my vintage ladies bicycle from verona. romeo went missing a few weeks ago after jerry left him outside to make space to park the new scooter... some desperado must have picked him up and carried him away since there was a lock through the back wheel. though jerry didn't feel the loss, I was devastated.
now i can't help but feel sorry for poor juliet, abandoned by her lover and neglected by her owner (after my crash, i've been too scared to ride a bike with no brakes in the rain...)

so tomorrow she'll go to a good new home... 'parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.'*

'it's only a bike', says jerry.... to me she was a friend.

* shakespeare of course

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...