Tuesday, October 5, 2010

one year of blogging


















❉ wow, i really copped some shitfull comments on that last blog! ...did i really sound so shallow and vain?? i thought i was sulking about the fact that i don't have a successful career.... which is the opposite of being 'up myself'!

in response: no, i don't just want to be famous. i want to do something meaningful. i would like to have a career i'm passionate about and proud of, which challenges me and inspires me and makes me feel happy...and hopefully somehow makes a difference to the world.... probably the same thing everyone wants...

it's quite amusing to me that people who have such critical opinions of me even read my blog. piss off!! this blog was intended for my family and friends who i've lived away from for many years, so they can follow what i'm doing. i'm surprised and flattered every time someone tells me they've even read it. if you're not interested in me or my life then why read my blog!??

it so happens that today it's been exactly one year since i first started writing the yellow brick road. jerry and i were living in marbella and since i couldn't get a working visa (or a job under the table either it turned out), i was spending my days as a bored housewife; cooking, cleaning and lounging by the pool. jerry encouraged me to start a blog to keep myself occupied and i got so into it that i remember spending most of each day composing blog entries! i looked back and read my first entry and remembered how i was so embarrassed about the whole thing that i wrote it in secret for a few weeks before i finally told just my mum about it.

i would continue this blog even if no-one else read it. it's somehow therapeutic and i know one day, as a senile old woman, i'll be glad i kept such a thorough journal to reminisce these good old days...

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on keeping it going for a whole year! Hope there are more posts coming? P.S. Even if your only goal was to get famous I would STILL read your blog! You can write! Which can't be said for a whole bunch of famous people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rom! i was so amused slash shocked at all those comments! thanks for yours in my defence :o)
    im happy we still get to enjoy each others writing via our blogs. i love yours too. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the link to your blog from the 'no way san jose' website has increased the number of your blog readers who aren't family or friends (that's how I came across it after seeing some of the show on tv).

    At any rate, it doesn't give people the right to leave nasty comments though.

    It's pretty bizarre that they found something shallow about wanting a meaningful career!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks anonomous!
    im happy if people enjoy reading my blog, even if theyre not family or friends...
    even those making the negative comments must get something out of it...
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 1 year. Has become part of my life to check your blog out. Has been a fun year.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks cassandra :o)
    im really happy youve been with me all the way...
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...