Saturday, October 23, 2010

winter cocktails and flannel pijamas





❆the winter cocktail menus have come out at the nightclub and i was totally chuffed that my cocktail invention 'lady marmalade' made it onto the list. it's citrus vodka, cinnamon syrup, orange juice and orange bitters shaken with a spoonful of tawny orange marmalade and dark chocolate liqueur, served martini style with a chocolate shaving garnish. i'm quite proud of it, if you can't tell ;o) ... and i'm gonna get so much satisfaction every time i hear guests ordering it....i'll probably interrupt their order just to gloat that it's mine.

jerry and i have had a busy week. his course is getting pretty hard-core and my nanny job has worn me into the ground... but we still managed to fit in some fun stuff. i had my swedish class which was easy-peasy and made me realise that i know a lot more swedish than just the swear-words, then we went to a live blues/fashion charity event that one of our colleagues was modeling for; we went out for dinner with an english friend of jerry's from sweden and his aussie girlfriend to the lovely cuban restaurant 'cuba libre', and then of course, with the weekend comes work at the club, which i classify as fun...

we also squeezed in some shopping in oxford street where i bought jerry his first pair of pijamas. can you imagine never having worn pijamas?! there's nothing better than lounging around the house on a cold winters day in a pair of cosy flannel PJ's. i bought myself a new pair too, despite jerry's protests that i look like a clown in them and couldn't i buy some sexy nightware instead?... no way! that stuff isn't comfortable! i'm all in for no makeup around the house, pissing with the door open and morning breath kisses. for me that's real love.
:o)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, yer bring on the jarmmies, sometimes me and my mum even wear them to the supermarket together. She likes to hold my hand and pretend she has a young hot stud as a toy boy. The people's looks always make me laugh xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...