Sunday, October 11, 2009

small world






on my way to the interview at small world






itching to unpack our suitcases in a real apartment of our own, we get serious about house hunting. we call up numbers on spanish real estate websites and most of them either don't answer the phone or tell us they'll call back and don't! what the hell?!

so we drop in to all the agencies in the area and they all try to tell us there's nothing in our price range, which is not true. jerry's getting so angry at the 'dodgy spanish trying to rip us off' that he's nearly at boiling point when we finally reach a lovely little agency called 'Marbella For Sale'. a dutch woman and her english partner welcome us in and find a handful of places in our budget that they can take us to look at! theyre so genuine and honest and friendly that we regain our faith in human kind.

at 6 ive got my interview at small world. the owners, 3 young english guys, are all super cool and easy going. i pass the interview and start my trial straight away. all the bartenders, waiters and cooks are from different countries and really friendly. jerry and his friend My drop in incognito for a coffee. two old french guys who are apparently regulars call me over to be sleazy and as they tell me it doesnt matter if i have a boyfriend, i turn around to see jerry staring over at me, his eyes sparkling with jealousy and rage.

its a really fun place to work and at the end of my shift im pretty sure ive got the job.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna, Congratulations on getting it up and running - I love it! "the yellow brick road"....good choice! Looking forward to reading more...Love and kisses - Nun XXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...