Tuesday, November 17, 2009

morocco





asilah ✡
























































IM BACK!
did anyone miss me? i'm fishing for some comments please....;o)

✥ jerry's parents have just left and i think they had a really good time. we took them to morocco, backpacker-style; buses, ferries and trains all the way to the small artisans town of 'asilah'. after the long (but fun) journey, we spent the evening wandering the mazes of the medina, then retired to a cheap little hotel with bedbugs, buckets of water in the toilets instead of toilet paper (!) and no towels.... after 2 days without a shower, in african heat, wearing muslim-appropriate clothes, i quickly accomplished my transformation into the sweaty, feral backpacker.

asilah was pretty but it wasn't as exciting as the bigger cities id visited in morocco, and it's low season too, so we were the only tourists in the whole town... but we managed to get a nice little moroccan experience; we rode around town on a horse and cart, drank the sweet mint tea, argued with cab drivers, haggled with hawkers, and marveled at such a different culture.

i'd brought my big SLR camera along, remembering from my last trip what a photographers paradise morocco is. i was expecting to get a whole folio worth of national geographic quality shots but came home with not a single photo i was happy with .....of course i blame my camera ;o). next time i go, i plan on having one of those snazzy new cannon eos 5D cameras that you can just point at anything and get a photographic masterpiece...

anyway its nice to be back home ☺

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bomb,
    So glad you're back on the blog - I've been having withdrawal symptoms. Am I the only one who lives my life vicariously following the yellow brick road? Let me know I'm not just an obsessed mother...anyone...please! ;o)

    ps. You remind me of Lorraine back in the day in the top pic, dressed in that long skirt and white blouse. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great time there!! Okaeri!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog too! And I´m happy you are back writing it and that you had a good time in Marocco! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I'm glad you are back really! I spend the whole day (sometimes... ;))in this boring office waiting for your new entry... lol I love it so much! it is a window to another world and i love that! So please keep the blog up :)

    Besitos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!!! thanks for the comments guys! hugs and kisses xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always an excellent posting.The
    way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...