Wednesday, December 30, 2009

crisis
















❆ i've had a mini-crisis, which, combined with lots of work, has kept me from my blog.
the crisis was not so mini actually. jerry's visa for australia was denied. i found out at work a few days ago and wanted to run and cry in the toilets but instead had to finish the entire shift, fake-smiling to customers. i fell asleep that night sobbing into my pillow so my housemates wouldn't hear me. jerry feels awful about it and told me that although he'd do anything to keep me, he would understand if i left him.

what am i going to do, you ask? ...stay with the person i love and give up my home and my family... or go home and give up the one i love....?

it feels like a dilemma from some jane austen novel, not my real life situation. of course i choose love... anyone who's ever really been in love would, i think. i can just hope that some day when we're married with kids and his record is further behind him, they'll reconsider...
it just feels so unfair that some person working in the office of a government department over the other side of the world is allowed to judge his character and refuse him without ever meeting him or giving him a chance. whoever stamped that letter has no idea what turmoil they've caused us. we have to make a whole new life plan!

it breaks my heart that i can't go home! i was feeling so ready to move back...
but life is full of these challenges and maybe it's the better for it.
and love will conquer all. :o)

5 comments:

  1. so sad but then you get to see us a little bit more often. hugs and kisses/ Yvonne, conny, kim, danny, malin, pedram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah exactly!!! thanks malin! i hope to see you guys again soon! puss puss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Don't be sad, you'll get through it, together! At some point when it comes to real values in life we have to make compromises and I'm more than sure that if you really love each other, you'll be a great team for life. You are the most optimistic person I've ever met and I'm sure you know what you want...it's a matter of time to get used to it and make the best of it!:)(Alinita)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks alina! i'm feeling a lot better about it now. it was just a big shock and disappointment to me in the beginning, but now ive accepted it and am thinking positively about it...
    'love is all you need', isnt that right?!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...